Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Did you think I forgot to draw a name for PIF?

I didn't forget. I just got this idea since there were only six names. I don't know anything about random counters, etc., but I do know about the honor system :) I had a little fun with it since this is Easter month so just bear with me. Only one person won the draw, but I would love to have the addresses of the other five if you don't mind. If you do mind, that's ok, but why not send me your address just in case?I wanted to hide the names in eggs...all colors, then I realized I better have the eggs all the same color so no cheating going on :) Here are the eggs in the basket:





Look real close and you'll see all six eggs in the grass:


And the winner is Maria!!!!!




And then, the other five names folded in their eggs...not going to call you losers :)


Maria, I will get to know you a little better and see what your tastes are, but now you have to pay it forward on your blog.


I had the nicest surprise recently. I picked up this magazine that I'd never bought before called Create & Decorate...




and I found this..... a design by Terry Loewen.




and had to do this. I cut a piece of autumn blush 32ct fabric and picked one of the newest Gast threads called faded rose and got this far


but really want to finish this before anything else. I love the faded, look of the thread and blotchy look of the fabric. Together with the chenille trim planned for it, I'm hoping to have my very own brand new "antique".


and by the way, picked up the latest copy of Create & Decorate a little while ago. I do love this magazine!

bye for now!

hugs,

Babs


10 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations to Maria!

I'm pretty sure you have my address, Babs...

I'm also pretty sure you have my number, hahahahahaha

juliebee

Karen said...

I love your new project...the design, the thread and fabric are just so pretty! Can't wait to see this one finished.

happy stitching....

Maria said...

Oh, I'm so happy! Thank You Babs!
Do I have 1 year or some months to have a PIF on my blog? I think I'll have it this summer, ok? Sunny greetings Maria

Unknown said...

Well done Maria.
I love your new project Babs the faded pink is lovely.
You can of course have my address if you want, will email you. :D

Sheila said...

I picked up that magazine for the same piece. I haven't got started yet, still looking for the right fabric. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

Sue said...

Well done to Maria for winning and I love beds of roses sampler, it is so pretty. I don't mind sending you my address, I'll mail it to you....x

Karen said...

I love your start on the Bed of Roses sampler, Babs, and that's a great choice of thread, now that I've seen yours I'm going to have to order some, too!

Jackie said...

So here's one reason I don't sign up for these drawings:-)Not because I forget to check, but because I become so busy. Anywho, Congratulations Maria!!!
I love you new project too. WIll send address when I get a chance.
Take care and Hugs.
Jackie.

Siobhán said...

What a sweet design! I love your start on it.

Congratulations to Maria!

Patty C. said...

Your new design is just gorgeous - Lovely fabric & a wonderful thread choice !!