Friday, March 25, 2011

Busy Week & Friday Finishes

I've had such a busy week, but oh, it's been fun, and did I say busy? Monday was rest day after Sunday worship day. (Most of you know I have a lung disease that has rendered me unable to do all the things I used to do in a day. Sometimes I feel like I need to explain why I'm so lazy)

On Tuesday my grown son took me to a surprise place for lunch called Curry's downtown. We do not get to see each other much these days since he's in another job that requires a lot of his time and his sweet wife and children need the time that's left over :) But he's been off two weeks and promised to spend a little time with me.

I got the chicken salad on croissant, a sweet broccoli salad and topped it off with strawberry pretzel. The broccoli & pretzel I shared with Jeff.

Then it was to the Friends of the Library book store where everything in there was 50c all week. Then out to Priceville Bookmark, my most favorite used book store. We love James the owner and he's always on the lookout for what we like. He looked really hard in the long while since our last visit..gulp! I found some different stuff i.e. Withering Heights by Dorothy Cannell;

Poisoned Pins by Joan Hess. And then, this little gem by Poppy Adams called The Sister, I found for a dollar at BAM.





Wednesday was stitch-in at LNS. My friends, who have I've missed for a long time now...Vickie, Patti, Gail, Jo and of course, Marlene were there and it was a day full of laughter and fun and just a little bit stitching. We all started "Spring" the first part of LHN's monochromatic seasons. this one is stitched in Belle soie Weathered Vine which is a beautiful dark green...I did say a little bit stitching :)

Yesterday my dd Tami spent a lot of the day here with me at home. I stayed on oxygen and stitched while she played on the computer trying to catch up with all her stuff as they are without internet right now.

And today? Can you believe to the Booklegger in Huntsville with grown grandson Andrew to look for some "antique" books, his favorite thing to do.





My finishes this week are LHN's Strawberry House complete with unfrogged mistakes...had to make it my own :) Stitched with called for thread and fabric plus buttons, no beads. It's my first Up for a challenge finish.





And last is my part 4 on French spring sal. I'm loving this little cutie very much and will make it into a pillow when done to go with spring/Easter display.



Happy Friday!

Babs

13 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo what a lovely few days and getting out and about to your favourite book store too :) well done on the stitching and the unique finish ;) love mouse xxxx

Nancy in IL said...

Babs, I can see no reason to frog. Strawberry House is absolutely gorgeous! I try to just adapt when I make a mistake and no one knows but me. Congrats on your first up for a challenge finish!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a busy week and I love the sound of your bookstores... bliss.. The Strawberry House is just beautiful.

Petites xxx et Cie said...

Your strawberry house is just perfect! Love it.
Bisxxx
Françoise

Sheila said...

Your finishes are just beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your outings. Your stitch-in sounds great, I've been to the LNS in Decatur, the owner is so nice. I'll have to get back there sometime.

Rita said...

Beautiful stitching!

DJ said...

Hi Babs! Sounds like you have been busy, and getting out and about is so wonderful now that the days are getting longer and warmer! Kudos to your son for finding time for his Mom!! So glad you were able to get out with friends. Sounds like you had fun!! Wonderful stitching, and unless you point it out, I see nothing wrong with your LHN piece. It's lovely!! Doesn't it feel good to finish something? Love the Spring SAL, I'm working on that too, and I enjoy stitching it myself!! I keep telling myself I MUST return your letter, but it's insanely busy here, but one of these days you'll find a letter in your mail box! Take care! *Hugs*

Joy said...

Lovely finish Babs!! How sweet of your daughter!!! Give her a hug for me.

Sharyn said...

Lovely stitching, Babs! I really enjoyed reading your blog! Guess I'm going to have to check out the LH Seasons piece, looks really pretty! And your spring SAL, love the colors!

Sharyn :-)

Siobhán said...

Beautiful stitching and finish, Babs! It sounds like you had a lot of fun this last week, especially with the used book store. I miss going to my UBS!

Jackie said...

That's just a nice thing to get out and spend a day for yourself.
Strawberry house and your spring sal looks wonderful. I didn't see any mistakes. Looks good from here. LOL.
Hope you are well. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs and hugs and hugs.
Jackie

Patty C. said...

I love your LHN Strawberry House - So pretty

Sari (saristitching) said...

Your strawberry house looks really nice and I like a spring design a lot too!