Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just checking in

Good morning to all my blogging friends and those in my groups that check in even though they don't blog. You mean a lot to me.

A few days after my last post I got very sick, sick enough to go to the hospital. Most of you know about my copd/emphysema/asthma and most of the time it's under control. I must have allowed an infection to run rampant in me until it caused such panic and anxiety I gave up and let them take me to the hospital.

A round of prednisone pushed me over the edge I was standing on along with antibiotics, etc. I was scared to be alone; my dd Karen stayed on my couch the first week, then her son Andrew stayed with me until last weekend. Had to be lights on all night and noise all day...have never been exactly here before.

I'm better now, but still not 100%. I'm good, though, and so thankful that I know who holds my life in His hands and has never left or forsaken me even when I was out of my head.

I won't be out in the crowds during the holidays but I'm making a list...my poor family.

Herman will be coming home from Philadelphia tomorrow and stay until New Year's. We have his tests and doctors to deal with all next week, so please pray for us that pet scan and blood work and colonoscopy are all clear and report is good.

Since this last attack I've not read a book except for my devotionals and Bible; I've not stitched anything, my ornies or anything else :(

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm still here and looking forward to getting this blog REALLY off the ground in 2011...there's so much I need to learn about blogs.
Reading all your posts and looking at your pictures has been a calming joy for me these last weeks, but haven't been leaving comments much.



I will check in again soon, hopefully with something to show for my time.
Hugs & God bless during the holiday season,

Babs

6 comments:

DJ said...

Hi Babs! I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick...and in the hospital even! I hope you are feeling better and able to stitch/read again soon. The pictures you've posted are wonderful, are they pieces you've done in the past? I think of you and your husband often and pray for you when I do. I'll keep praying that everything checks out ok. Take good care of yourself and enjoy Christmas, you deserve the best Christmas ever! *Hugs*

Brigitte said...

That must have been scary for you to be at the hospital and all. Hopefully you will feel better and better and will be your old self in a short time. Wishing you and Herman all the best.

Cynimin said...

I hope you are feeling much better now. It's such a nice thing that you have a loving family to help you. A real blessing!
We are starting the same challenge. 15 wips. I hope I can keep up.

Karyn said...

Oh Babs, what a scary time you have had, of late...I am sending hugs and hopes that you continue along the mending road, and are back to your usual self soon.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Babs and a blessed New Year.
XOXO
Ma TK

Jackie said...

Hello there Ms. Babs. I hope by now you are feeling much better and you had a blessed Christmas with your DH and your family. That is so important. I look forward to seeing you up and stitching on your blog in 2011.
It has been such a pleasure getting to know you through blogs and threads and I am blessed by it.
Please take care and always,
Warmest hugs for you.
Jackie.

Tami Minor said...

I am glad all that is past... very rough time for you. Let me know when I can come over and stitch the day away. Love you***