Saturday, September 22, 2012

Notice there's a stuff in my blog title?

Well, I guess we'll just talk about "stuff" today.  My life is so full of stuff, some bad, mostly good. I've sorely missed blogging friends, stitching, seeing your stitching, I think my biggest problem is motivation vs procrastination. I don't honor my groups, stitching or reading. Do more reading than stitching. I have read some really good books though find me on goodreads. Be warned though, I read everything but romance. My grandson (22) who usually goes to BAM with me can't stand that romances are on the same row as my mysteries, lol.
But the most I've been doing is junking. My hubby does most of the going and picking, either calling me or just surprising me with "stuff".
I was with him when he bought me this 1880"s sewing machine. This is before it's cleaned up but just couldn't take that old old thread out of it. We have the book that goes with it.
This morning he brought me this.

Two weeks ago today he brought me this........introducing Sophie. And last but not least is the ornie I did for my friend Nita in an exchange, pieces of several different designs.


Thanks to all of you who've emailed me, your thoughts mean so much. And thanks to the new ones who so graciously decided to join me here even though I am so unfaithful.

Hugs to all and happy stitching or picking or whatever you're doing today. Beautiful Saturday in Bama.
Welcome autumn!
Babs


12 comments:

Julie said...

Hi, Babs - so good to see you posting! Love Sophie - she's a cutie-pie!

juliebee

Gabi said...

What a gorgeous little dog Sophie is. Great findings. Your husband is really good in finding beautiful things.
Glad to see you posting :)
And I love your beautiful ornament.

Maria said...

Dear Babs, so nice to hear about You! I have the same hobbies, stitching and reading. I understand very well Your problem of choosing...
Have a nice time with reading, stitching and the very sweet puppy!

Sheila said...

Hi Babs, Good to hear from you, I've been absent in posting for awhile myself.
Love the machine.
Your little Sophie is adorable. What breed is she?
I have a little chihuahua named Sophie.
Take care

Karen said...

Babs, I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering how you are, and then you posted on your blog! Your husband has certainly brought you some wonderful treasures, especially the adorable little Sohpie. I love the little Bloom ornament, it's very pretty! It was nice to hear from you again!

MartyG said...

Sophie is just adorable. You will have lots of fun with her.

lynda said...

Hi Babs! Your ornie for Nita is gorgeous! And Sophie is just adorable...so tiny! It's good to see you posting again. I seem to do much more reading than much else these days too, other than exchange stitching. Everything in its time, I guess!

Miss LindaLee said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Babs. I'm so glad you did as I want to check out all of your blogs. I do love this one though. Keep up the great work. Have a very blessed weekend.

Cross’N My Stitches

Sweet Sue said...

Hey there Babs, found you thru Miss LindaLee and had a peek around~really enjoyed your beautiful stitching/finishing, and *stuff* LOL. Sophie is soooo sweet, lucky lucky you and her, plz share more pics when you can? I've become a serial slacker about posting on my blog, but happily following yours in my reader:) Wishing you a lovely stitchy weekend...

Joy said...

Good to see you around Babs!! Sophie is just adorable! She will keep you busy! Love your ornie...just cute! Thinking about you and wishing you the best.

Brigitte said...

That's definitely great stuff that your husband brings you here. What a special find, the little sewing machine. I love the ornament you stitched and finished for Nita, what a little beauty.
Stitching and reading, yes, that's what I like doing best, just like you. It's only that this year seems to be more of a stitching year than a reading year for me. It's a pity because I bought a couple of mysteries when I was travelling in the US but haven't read a single one of tehm yet.

angelasweby said...

What a lovely interesting post, babs. Sophie is very lucky to have found a new home with you. She is adorable.
What a wonderful find that 1880's sewing machine is.If only it could tell it's stories - what fun that would be.
I absolutely love that gorgeous ornament you have stitched for Nita. It's such a wonderful design. I shall have to look it up. That pinky chenille trim is really so so pretty.
Hugs Angela xx