Friday, March 28, 2014

Just Nan sal finish!!!

Now this isn't just any finish. This is a wip-into-ufo-into-wip-into-ufo-into-wip-into-FINISH!!!!
I started this piece very soon after it's publication. I wasn't used to the checkered fabric and it gave me fits. The colors so subtle were interfering with fabric with color squares, etc.

A great big thanks to Zeb over at Keep Calm and Stitch for Just Nan Sal and Just Nan junkies fb group I became determined. I couldn't seem to start one without finishing this one. So, here it is complete with all my mistakes, a few tears, and some changes out of pure frustration.


Morning Song by Just Nan
stitched by Babs with
DMC threads on
28 ct Graziano Riviera cream/natural

hugs to all,
Babs


10 comments:

Julie said...

Babs - it is lovely! And so glad the blog is fixed - I thought maybe I had done something bad and was being banished from Blogspot, hahahaha.

juliebee

Sheila said...

It's very pretty! Turned out beautifully!
How is little Sophie?

Annie said...

It turned out great! The checkered fabric is fabulous, although I'm sure it was tricky to work on. Beautiful finish:)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Looks lovely.

Maria said...

It is lovely!


Denise said...

Beautiful finish!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Thoeria said...

Babs...it is absolutely Gorgeous!! Love it! Well done on sticking to it and getting it finished :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on the Happy Dance! It really is a lovely project and looks beautiful on that fabric.

The SAL has been great for encouraging more Nan stitching.

Brigitte said...

This is a wonderful finish, Babs. I love this piece and have it in my stash, too, together with the checkered fabric. It's been ages since I stitched a JN piece, maybe it's time to pull this one out and stitch it.

DJ said...

I LOVE it!! What a beautiful finish! I think I would have trouble on the checkered fabric also...but I love the way this looks, I just might have to give it a try! *Hugs*