Wednesday, June 12, 2013

some UFO's into WIPS

Because I'm getting older and sicker I've been thinking about pieces I so dearly wanted to finish but never got too far on them.

First up is a sampler by Little by Little called Mary Had a Lamb. It was a gift to me from one of my stitching daughters Tami including threads and 28 count linen which I stitched on a lot back then. I did put a few stitches in it today. I actually wrote the time and date I started...June 3, 2003
.
 
Next up is Under the Friendship Tree by Mirabilia. I began this a long time ago too. It's one I was stitching in honor of my 35 year friendship with dear friend Earlene.  Earlene lost her long battle with a terminal illness on May 17. I'm working on it now to honor her.

Then what  little bit I've done on Just Nan's Summer at the Beach, the second of a four part series. I fell in love with this and started it immediately but it's been a very sad time for me and needles almost idle.

God is good and his promises are true. Earl's suffering is over and she is safely resting in the Lord.

I've missed two tusals and months of monthly sals, but I'm still here and hope to hear from some of you.

Til then, Happy Stitching,
Babs

9 comments:

Karen said...

It's nice to hear from you, Babs, sorry for your hard times. I love your Little by Little project, that's one of my favorite designers and the Just Nan start is so pretty!

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Sometimes a little inspiration goes a long way. I hope you're feeling better!

Heather said...

Those are all lovely pieces. And Under the Friendship Tree is such a nice piece to stitch in honour of your friend.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love all your stitching Babs! Can't wait to see them develop!!

Grit said...

All your stitching is wonderful.
grit from germany

Brigitte said...

Oh Babs, these are really beautiful projects. I love everything by Little By Little, and lately have fallen in love with some Mirabilia designs too. I'm following you on your progress on both projects.
It was so great to see another post from you.

Isobel -Argante- said...

Hello Babs, thanks so much for visiting the primitive hare and loving my patterns :))))
You are a wonderful stitcher, I love that sheep :)))

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your lovely blog.
Your stitching is beautiful!
Sophie is so cute!

Cindy said...

Just checking in....hope you have been able to continue on your wonderful projects.... looking forward to seeing your progress and hope your feeling ok.....cindy/ne